Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Husband and I decided to take another Childbirth Education class this time around. Turns out we were both feeling pretty unprepared and freaked out about the impending birth. "What if I've forgotten everything?" he asked me this weekend. What if I have too? So we signed up and we're ready to go. That makes things feel better. We also put a bassinet next to our bed and got the infant car seat back from my sister. With a few diapers in hand, we'll have all that we need for the start of this crazy new life.

Owen has moved into a "big boy bed" and the transition was painless. He looks so old in there. I definitely do much more checking in on him than I used to. I just like to watch him sleep. While I am psyched to have another baby, I am also kind-of mourning the loss of our special triad (me, Hubby, and the O-Bird)... It's sad for me to think that Owen will never remember a time when he was our only child. I worry that he will hate me for bringing another child into the family. I worry that I won't be able to give him as much (time, energy, love) as I've been able to with him as the one and only. Logically, I know that it works and that I can do it and all that... But I still have these nagging feelings of... loss, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger MeesheMama said...

Hi Anne~
I found your blog today on the babyblogorama list and I love reading your thoughts. (It's a little weird for me to be writing this, seeing as though we've never met but...) I wanted you to know that I am going through the same fears of loss and lack of energy being due with surprise baby #2 in August with a son who will be 18 or 19months then. It's really hard. I applaud you for being honest about this. It's been difficult for me to be honest without feeling like I'm sending all these negative thoughts to my new little one. I know it will work out OK, but I don't want to think about sharing my son just yet. It's so hard to not be in control of such a major part of life. Day by day, I guess.
Many blessings to you and your family!
~michelle

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home