Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 11, 2005

Friendster

So I'm at work. It's 11:45 p.m. I'll be here until 6 tomorrow morning. It's a rough shift just because of the hours. I don't mind staying up all night... But I never really feel like I get those hours back. I little morning catnap just doesn't seem to do the trick.

I have recently discovered the beast that is "Friendster." At first I was incredibly cynical and crabby about it: "What's the point?" I asked. Yeah, networking, yeah yeah. But then I realized that it was like "Google"-ing people and then realizing how many different people you know them through. I have become a bit of an addict. But, I must say that it's worked for me. I've reconnected with a fellow Uni. of Edinburgh guy (it's been 7 years. I can't believe it's been that long), an old high school friend, and a friend I basically lost in college. Plus-- I met someone who is absolutely my long lost twin. Her son's name is Owen, she's obsessed with poop, she likes cutting paper... it's just ridiculous. So anyway, I "know" her through my friend Susan, and now my twin and I are in regular contact. Go figure.

And I got my first art show. It's starting in mid-April in a coffee shop downtown. I can't believe I had the balls to actually show my work... It's good (for many reasons), but definitely because it's given me a deadline and I can't put it on the back burner. Yay. Go me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home