Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Speech Eval

So... we did the 90 minute speech evaluation today... and she is suggesting that we start speech therapy. So here we go. We're on the road. The thing that she (Sally) said, though, was that she thought O-Bird should go to an ENT or other medical provider and have his throat looked at medically. She thinks that there's something going on with his adnoids/tonsils/biology that he is trying to compensate for in his speech. It was really interesting. So we'll see.

I made the call for an OT evaluation as well.

Why is it so hard to make these calls?

You know, it was basically two hours out of my work day to get this eval done today. And it made me feel like a mom. Sometimes I feel so torn between my work life and my mamahood. I don't know. Yesterday, someone said something to me about how I should always have a diaper in my car, since I'm a mom. It was an innocent comment, but it made me feel a little bit like I'm not completely an adequate mom, simply because I have a big work life... Sometimes "mom" is not my first identity. I don't know how I feel about that. It gave me pause, that comment the other day. And so I guess I was thinking about that as I drove O-Bird around. I thought about how I would like to take him out to lunch, but wanted to get him back to his daycare routine (lunch with his friends), and about how I had to get back to work so that I could pump.

I wonder if someday I will feel regret for working during these first few years of their lives... Most of the moms I know, even the "stay at home" ones, put their kids in daycare at least a few days a week.

Wasn't this post supposed to be about the speech evaluation? Oye. Well, it was fine. I'll give the full info once I get the official report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home