Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 19, 2005

The City: Long Story Short

I have not gone into detail about the horrors of my house, and I'm not really going to do it now.
Let me just sum up:

Aaron and I bought a house in 2002 that was a mess. But... It had a two-family layout (plumbing, floor plan, electrical boxes, heating zones, etc) and we thought it would be a good income property. With the money in equity, no problem, we'll fix it up!

Weeeeelll. Not exactly. We have been trying to do this 2-family thing for the last 2+ years. We have had varying degrees of luck and help along the way. But we are really toeing the end of the line, here. Our last appeal is to the Zoning Board. We were scheduled for that meeting on Thursday night.

So after two years of waiting, endless research and money dumped into our house, nerves all a twitter... Two of their members just didn't show and we have to wait until next month. This made me feel very small and insignificant on the one hand, like we weren't worth their time, and on the other hand, it made me raging beastly mad. How dare they?!?

So I'm crabby at the beauraucracy. Will it ever end?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. The Bird Man said...

I second that emotion.

10:16 AM

 
Blogger gipedan said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**trion air bear furnace filtertrion air bear furnace filter

3:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home