Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

today i hate my job

Big Time and there it is. What are you going to do about it, right?

I'm feeling incredibly frustrated because 1. my supervisor is never around, 2. I keep getting work dumped on me, and 3. I'm not getting paid more now that I've taken on new responsibilities.

Now the fabulous thing about working in nonprofits is that they tell you that you'll be getting this and that. I've had about 13 scheduled meetings (that were then cancelled) to talk about the raise that I've been promised. But here I am, weeks later, and still no discussion. I'm impatient, it's true. But it's just this sort of brush off that makes me so pissed that I start looking at other jobs and muttering "fuck it" under my breath while searching the Help Wanted ads.

On a happier note, the other day Aaron and I came up with all sorts of lists for all the words we could think of that meant "penis", "vagina", and "bottom." It's a good game. Really.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. The Bird Man said...

Did you guys think of "Schlong," cause that has got to be my favorite...or meat pole, meat pole is pretty funny. Did you know that there are several slang names for testicles but almost none for ovaries. What's up that?

8:58 AM

 
Blogger freak mama said...

it's a good point about the "ovaries." i bet if they were hanging outside our bodies like little jingling nutballs, we'd have a name for them.

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home