Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Running for my life

I think I have reverse distorted body image. I don't think I'm fat and am in reality a bean pole. On the contrary, I think I look pretty good and then I catch a glimpse in the window of a store and I'm like, "Good God! Look at that huge ass!" and lo and behold, it's mine.

So I started running again this week and it's been mostly pathetic. I can run for less than a half an hour (read about 2 miles) and then I'm completely winded, I can feel the pounds of bacon sloughing around and clinging to my very old, hidden and currently unused muscles.

Hard to believe that just six months ago I was running miles in the double digits and a 6 mile run was a short day. But now I'm parked at a desk 32 hours a week. And we have an elevator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home