Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

toxic friends

okay, so last time i tried to talk about this topic, i sounded like britney spears. i will try harder this time.

i have this friend who continually shoots me down. why do i hang out with said friend? i don't know.

everything she says, i have to remember, is about her. it is not about me. said friend is stuck, i think, and tends to... lash out, shall we say... when good things happen for me. yesterday, i came back from an interview at local school (where i applied for graduate study), and it went really well. i was pretty high on life. and i tell her about it, and WHAM-- she hits my insecurities right between the eyes, with, "Oh yeah. Apparently they say that [good things] to everyone. They really need more students, I guess." ouch. honestly. why am i still friends with this person???

Anyway, my interview was great, and at least I know I'll be going to school next fall. Woo-hoo! I am so ready to get back into the thick of it!

1 Comments:

Blogger crabbycakesjn said...

wow, i just randomly came across your blog and i can relate to what you're going through 'cause i am going through a similar situation with my friends, one of whom i've been friends with for 10 years now. anyway, check out my blog if you get a chance, and this is not some spam mail thing.

http://sorealworld.blogspot.com

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home