Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Belly at 21 weeks



This was me almost 3 weeks ago. Hard to believe that this baby is growing like gangbusters. I still have a long way to go. Today I feel swollen and tired. I have no interest in walking or moving in any way. It's starting to get warm and I'm showing my oddly colored body in all it's glory (sleeveless shirt and all!). When I say "oddly colored" i'm refering to the weird pigment changes in my skin. Normally kind-of a yellow person, I've become more brown and pink.

I feel like the fat kid in gym class.

Had a good time with my friend Meadow yesterday. She's contemplating having baby number two... and thinking about all of those things that occupy my every thought-- daycare, health insurance, money, crazy-zoo-like homefront. It was good to get some of that stuff out there and to remind myself that it's okay not to know what the hell I'm doing.

Speaking of that- for the first time in months, I started looking at going back to school. When in god's name am I going to do such a thing? I don't know. But it's all about re-investigating myself. All that pregnancy inwardness crap. I love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

As my husband and I are both full-time students, I will weigh in on the advantages of this one:

- The schedule is really flexible
- Student insurance is very inexpensive yet comprehensive, will cover your spouse and children, and with an assistantship is frequently paid for (your part anyway)
- Assistantships mean regular paycheck along with flexible schedule and work experience in your field

Of course I had more money when I had a full time job and our already tight budget got a little tighter, but we're making it work... Actually I'm not making much less than I did at my previous job, yet I'm doing about a 3rd of the work, but anyway...

In regard to your previous post. Is it Owen who's cute? Because wow... he is CUTE.

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home