Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Back to the Gym?

Well, I did well with my goals last Thursday and then came down with a horrible-flu-like thing and took a few days off from work. That was really good and helped me with re-centering.

I am really practicing being present in every moment. At work, at home, with my son, with my hubby. It's been working out for me.

And I realized that I was really doing that on my half marathon a few weeks ago; that's what made it work. I didn't have the physical pain because I was so concentrated on my every step. Just one foot, then the other. It was exhausting at first, training myself to do it, and then I realized I'd stopped thinking about it. It was just happening. I want to apply that to every aspect of my life.

It's worked so far with Resident #3, who often pushes my buttons a bit. I'm trying to really see life the way it is.

Speaking of that, I'm still thinking about Grad Schools and wondering if I will get in. I bit the bullet and just did what I felt was right in my gut-- I applied to Religious Studies programs. I said screw the practical. The fact is, I'll make more money with a masters (in anything), and if I'm pursuing what I love and what I'm drawn to-- then things will come as they will. And I'll enjoy the process.

So my title to this blog was "back to the gym" and I haven't even hit on that yet. I think I'm going to go back to the gym today. It will be my first time back since the race on the 9th. It's time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. The Bird Man said...

Hi!
I haven't been to the gym since my last race either. Also, I have never been in an actual race.

2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home